Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 16:23:06 +0200
From:      Aleksander Rozman - Andy <andy@kksonline.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   databases on freebsd

Hi !

I am having problem with databases on my system. I reinstalled whole system
few (cvsuped to 3.2-stable) days ago, because I thought that problem will
be solved. But when I try to install some program (its still in testing) I
get error as if I can't access database with gdbm. I reinstalled gdbm and
problem is still there. I also installed BerkeleyDB, when I compile with it
it compiles ok, problem is that author of program told me that it may
compile ok, but program is not adjusted to work with berkeley. So then I
tried to installed gdb package, but I am always thrown out of setup,
because file solib (or something similar) can't compile. Do I have to
install anything other prior to gdb, and will this solve gdbm problems too?

Andy
*  Aleksander Rozman - Andy  * Member of:  E2:EA, E2F, SAABer, Trekkie,  *
*     andy@mail.kks.net      * X-Phile, Heller's angel, True's screamer, *
*    andy@atechnet.ml.org    * True's Trooper, Questie, Legacy, PO5,     *
* Maribor, Slovenia (Europe) * Profiler, Buffy (Slayerete), Pretender    *
*     PGP key available      *    http://www.atechnet.ml.org/~andy/      *