Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 06:47:24 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Handbook installation chapter for Alpha architecture

On 2001-Sep-12 08:50:18 +1000, I wrote:
>Unlike the i386, Alpha boot flags must be specified via the SRM - eg it
>isn't possible[1] to boot single user by issuing 'boot -s' to the
>FreeBSD boot-loader, you have to use 'boot -fl s' at the SRM.

I did some more investigating and can't now reproduce the above
behaviour.  Entering either "boot -s" to the FreeBSD loader or
"boot -fl s" to the SRM do the same thing.  I haven't touched my
SRM and that part of elf_exec() hasn't functionally changed for
more than 2 years so I have no idea how I came to the above
conclusion.

My apologies for circulating mis-information.

Peter