Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 14:45:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs linux

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> I rose to the occasion for a few of them, now I just hit delete.  I
> find that this results in the original flamer getting *far* less air
> time in terms of other people talking about him and his flaming
> thread.  That's all they really want out of this, I think, so
> better to ignore them and not give them what they want. :)

Actually I think they really want to feel that they have persuaded people
to listen to their 'wise voice of guidance', if you could call it that.

IMHO, If 'joe bloggs/john doe' goes to OtherOS(tm) because of the sort of
insulting rubbish I used to see on USENET then isn't that better than
having him and his rantings here ? <shoots self in foot!>

So, isn't making the 'opposition' strongera a good thing in this case?

The intelligent people can try each OS and make decisions based on their
requirements.

	Steve

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342