Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:54:09 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.d and rc.local

--2/+Vq7w28QOSGzSM

Alexander Langer wrote:

> Thus spake Sheldon Hearn (sheldonh@uunet.co.za):
>=20
>> Actually, the only thing I noticed was that the Os macro was populated
>> when it should be clear.
>=20
> Ok, then this should be fixed...

easy enough.

>> I still think that this should be documented in rc(8) and not with its
>> own manual page, but since someone's already built the shed, I'm not
>> going to bitch about the colour. :-)

Well, I could probably stick it into rc(8), since I almost agree.  I'll
think about it.

> ... and then imported to the correct place. (RELENG_4, too)

Hum.  That will mean changing it a bit, since RELENG_4 currently doesn't
do the `foo.sh stop' at shutdown unless I'm mistaken...  Not much of a
problem though.

I'll also add rc.d(8) to rc(8)'s SEE ALSO section.

--=20
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /

--2/+Vq7w28QOSGzSM