Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2000 11:52:13 +0100
From:      Remco Moolenaar <remco@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Using Oracle OCI Driver for Linux on FreeBSD

Piotr Wanat wrote:

>         This is a little off-topic, but have you tried to intall Oracle 8i on
> FBSD box? Whenever I tried to, I was getting seg. fault and crash. I
> know that installer in 8i is plain different (Java) but perhaps anyone
> succeeded with installation of this baby?

<Continue on freebsd.emulation>

I've checked the 8i installation together with Marcel (Linuxulator maintainer)
and bumped into these seg. faults as well. We did not investigate this any
further.
We will reinvestigate shortly as we received the Oracle 8i standard AND
enterprise edition from Oracle (as part of the Oracle Partner program). As our
application development is targetted more and more towards the Internet, the 8i
version could be important to us.

Remco.

--
Remco Moolenaar                                   mailto:remco@scc.nl