Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 17:19:20 +0100
From:      "DI. Christian Gusenbauer" <Christian.Gusenbauer@utimaco.co.at>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Christian.Gusenbauer@safeconcept.utimaco.co.at
Subject:   Re: cdrom boot?

> At the least it would be very cool to just have a floppy with boot code on
> it to bring up a bootable cd.  This would solve a lot of space issues when
> it comes to installing.  Imagine a kernel with all the toys in it instead
> of 'the usual'.
>
> Andrew

Make a DOS bootable floppy, copy fbsdboot.exe on it, edit autoexec.bat
and add a line like "fbsdboot -C -D f:\kernel" (f = CD-ROM drive) and that's
it.

I was able to boot from the second CD of the 2.0.5 release like that.
Maybe you need some options more to get fbsdboot running, I can't remember
which options I used.

Christian.

--
Christian Gusenbauer