Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:48:18 +0200
From:      "Noor Dawod" <noor@comrax.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compaq ProLiant ML370

Hi all,

We're about to buy a brand new Compaq ProLiant ML370 server with the
following hardware:

Pentium III 733Mhz (one CPU, expandable to two)
Dual Channel Ultra 2-3 Wide SCSI-3 card
4 x 9.1 GB Hot Plug Ultra-2 Wide SCSI-3 7200RPM
SmartArray 1 Channel Raid Controller
NC3163 10/100-BT ethernet NIC

The configuration will be RAID-1, each 2 disks will produce one Logical
disk.

My questions are:

1. Do I need a dual channel Raid controller to be able to connect the 4
SCSI disks as 2 Logical disks?

2. I've read in http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=19338 that in
dual-processor configuration, a Compaq ProLiant DL360 locks when booting
the SMP kernel. Anyone knows if the ML370 has the same problem when
equipped with 2 CPU's?

3. What's the difference between ML370 and ML380?

I'd appreciate it very much if you could send a detailed reply about q.
1 and 2 above, if possible, since we want to buy this server in a couple
of days.

Thank you for your help.

Noor