Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 07:27:40 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Muthukumar Ratty <muthur@moving-stone.rutgers.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing PAO

On Sat, Jun 13, 1998 at 04:36:23PM -0400, Muthukumar Ratty wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I am new to FreeBSD. I installed FreeBSD on DELL latitude XPi
> laptop.I would like to use AT&T's GIS Wavelan. I installed PAO kernel and
> 2.2.6 release. I can see the Wavelan driver installed when the system is
> booted (in the configuration). But i couldnt use the card. Ifconfig says
> "interface not found". I read the handbook and tried to install form
> scratch 3 times but in vain. I am sure i miss something. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Wow, FreeBSD on a laptop! I'm envious :-) But first things first...

There's a lot of people at freebsd-questions@freebsd.org who can help you
if you send your question there. That's where all of the support happens.
Also take a look at http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/
to find out what we do here.

By the way, we've been chatting about the different ways that we newbies
use FreeBSD. None of us have mentioned using a laptop yet!
Would you like to tell us what you're using your FreeBSD for?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-