Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 1996 19:38:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Durham <durham@durham>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.org, regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Specs on a Hitachi CM2085me monitor anybody ??

On Sat, 31 Aug 1996 sos@FreeBSD.org wrote:

> If you want only to get a readable mode, not nessesarily with
> a "normal" resolution (ie 70x48), then it should only be
> a matter of adjusting some of the values in a std. setting.
> However, if you want a certain resolution (ie 132x50), then you
> need to know more about the chipset on the videocard. If its one of

That would be just fine...

I think that the major goal is setting the horizontal and vertical
scan frequencies so that the monitor display is stable. Nicities
like setting 132x50 or whatever could wait for FreeBSD to get "up"
far enough for syscons to take over, then X11.

This sounds possible, if I read you correctly. I will try to get some
time free to pursue it.

Thanks and regards,
-Jim Durham