Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:23:55 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        paul@freebsd-services.com
Cc:        nik@freebsd.org, jason@dstc.edu.au, hubs@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 upcoming release/timetabling/mirroring

> So, a large public response requesting a delay to do more testing is not as
> relevant as private correspondence which you won't go into?

Boy, are there some elections going on in the UK right now or
something?  I've never seen so much last-minute politicking!

It's not a question of "comparative relevance" and I've certainly
taken the public response into account or you'd be seeing 4.4 up on
the mirrors right now.

The people at WindRiver have their own time-lines to adhere to if we
want to see anything in the way of another CD release from them and
I'm trying to work within those constraints as well since the project
has always enjoyed seeing those products on the shelves.  I find it
kind of ironic in light of that fact that your own sudden outpourings
of concern stem from your own DVD product business issues vs some
genuine concern for product stability or something.

- Jordan