Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 18:40:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Jack Wenger <info@bentreality.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP list <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Setting up bootp

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Jack Wenger wrote:
> Any of you folks setup bootp for any reason? If you have, may I please get

Yes, lots I dare say.

> a copy of your bootptab file? I would like to take a look to help  me setup
> my own.

Mine aren't likely to be any clearer than the sample bootptab file.
Just plug in your own machine names, IP addresses and ether addresses.

Better yet, install one of the DHCP servers.  A little more
involved in the initial setup (very little more) but maintenance
is an order of magnitude lower.

I'm using ISC DHCP since I have a feeling it will be the first
to support dynamic DNS.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com