Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2000 16:27:37 +0200 (EET)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mistake in man page?

Hello,

in the man page of tunefs it says tht if we set the minfree below 5 then
disk will use space optimization all the time.

 -m minfree
      Specify the percentage of space held back from normal users; the
      minimum free space threshold.  The default value used is 8%.
      This value can be set to zero, however up to a factor of three in
      throughput will be lost over the performance obtained at a 10%
      threshold. Settings of 5% and less force space optimization to
      always be used which will greatly increase the overhead for file
      writes.  Note that if the value is raised above the current usage
      level, users will be unable to allocate files until enough files
      have been deleted to get under the higher threshold.

But when I use -p option of tunefs on a disk I get this message below.
How can I change 8% to some other value or is this a mistake in the man
page?

tunefs: should optimize for space with minfree < 8%

THANKS!