Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 1998 15:41:01 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "John C. Place" <placej@ctcdist.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd-2.2.8

Regardless.  We've already booked time at the CD replication plant and
unless you don't want to see CD release versions until January, we're
sort of stuck with a fixed schedule.  It is the Christmas season in
this country and getting CDs made is very difficult right now - if you
don't have your order in at least a month in advance, you can just
forget it.

I'm also not trying to say that we should put our release schedule at
the mercy of the CD release (which is only one type of release that we
do) but if we want to continue to offer this convenient installation
medium and also keep Walnut Creek CDROM happy (which, as a major
sponsor, IS an important consideration in what we do) we need to be a
bit conscious of the CD replication issues in making up our release
schedules.  I hope like heck that XFree86 3.3.3 comes out before the
29th of November, which is my very last day for getting CDs to
replication (and will require priority express mail to Texas in order
to happen on time at all), but if not then "oh well!"

- Jordan