Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:54:48 +0200
From:      Stephen Marquard <scm@silver.wcape.school.za>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stability of 2.1-960606-SNAP ?

Can anyone comment on the stability of the STABLE SNAP that Jordan
produced?

Is the pmap problem below present in the SNAP? Is it stable
enough to put on a critical and heavily-loaded server?

Stephen

On 12 Jun 96 at 0:00, Bradley Dunn <dunn@harborcom.net> wrote:

> Well, the new (old) pmap.c seems to be holding up. The machine
> previously crashed at least once every 24 hours. It has now been up
> for over 48. Just to let you know that the pmap code seems to have
> made the difference.
>
> On  9 Jun 96 at 17:54, David Greenman wrote:
>
> > >FWIW, our news server has been crashing about once a day with this
> > >double fault as well. Next time it happens I'll look up the address
> > > and forward it on. It was doing this before the mega-commit, so
> > >after things got cleaned up I rebuilt but the machine still goes
> > >down about once a day, usually during an expire.
> >
> >    Please update your kernel to the "current" -stable. I just
> >    reverted the
> > pmap code to what was in 2.1R due to possibly related problems.
> >
> > -DG
>
> Bradley Dunn <dunn@harborcom.net>
> Harbor Communications -- www.haborcom.net
> or something...

---
Stephen Marquard
scm@silver.wcape.school.za
Western Cape Schools' Network
12 Silverdale, Pinelands 7405, Cape Town, SA