Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2012 04:18:34 +0000
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nvidia-driver-295.49 is highly unstable

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 08:20:49PM -0700, Yuri wrote:
> On 05/27/2012 13:08, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> >Perhaps you can try asking on official nVidia FreeBSD forum:
> >
> >	http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47
>
> I reported there 05-28-12, but got no response.

That's very sad indeed.

> Do you know if there is a way to report a problem with NVidia? For
> example, is there a for example bugzilla or other bug reporting system
> for this?

Unfortunately, I am not aware of such thing being exposed to the public.
Forum is the closest thing that comes to mind.  Individual developers  can
probably be contacted privately, but AFAICT they all read forum pretty
regularly, so it makes little sense to spam them directly.

> In addition, I observe system hangup for a few seconds when running
> glxinfo. Also I observe Xorg freeze when I run nvidia-settings.
> So I have to run 285.05.09 from cvs instead.

Do these issues persist with 295.59, latest long lived branch version?

./danfe