Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:07:31 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   ssh keys not working?

Folks,

I just installed -current on my laptop so I can start to document the
bugger, and have everything installed and running properly, except SSH
key handling.

When I try to SSH somewhere, the local key is obviously not being
picked up.

I show ssh-agent is running, and a check of my environment shows
SSH_AGENT_PID and SSH_AUTH_SOCK.  /etc/ssh/ssh_config explicitly lists
"RSAAuthentication yes".

Any other suggestions on what to check?

(Of course, this means that my commit bit is now useless unless I boot
into -stable... found myself with time to work today, and I just
can't, dang it!  And it's only worse because I know there's some
stupid little thing I'm missing.)

Thanks,
Michael

--