Date:      Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:25:10 -0500
From:      "Andrew Batson" <abatson@twcny.rr.com>
To:        <EReeves@eline.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: KVM switch support?

Hello Eric,

> I'm trying to install 5.3-STABLE on an HP Pavilion box I have
> laying around.  For some reason the installer is not handling
> the output from my KVM switch.  The model is IOGear
> MiniView(tm) II USB KVM Model # GCS124U.

	I have a IOGear MiniView KVM too and when I tired to install FreeBSD
5.3, I had the same problem. After I did a little googleing, I found the
answer. When you first boot with FreeBSD 5.3 bootable CD-ROM, wait for the
FreeBSD boot menu to appear and choose option number 6. Then at the OK
prompt, type the following and hit the enter key.

	set hint.atkbd.0.flags="0x1"

Note the Quote makes are needed. At the next OK prompt, type

	boot

And the system should boot to sysinstall menu where you will find the USB
keyboard working. At least that is what work for me.

Hope this helps,
Andrew