Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 13:21:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Kelley L." <kosh@kosh.cococo.net>
To:        Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        "W. Reilly Cooley, Esq." <wcooley@nakedape.ml.org>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CUCIPOP?

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, Tim Tsai wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 02, 1998 at 11:54:28AM -0700, W. Reilly Cooley, Esq. wrote:
> > I've read a couple of messages in other lists recommending CUCIPOP in
> > light of the recent exploits of QPOPPER.  Has anyone tried this?  What are
> > you opinions?  One thing obviously irritating about QPOPPER is the
> > difficultly in transferring large attachments.
>
>   Our problem with CUCIPOP was that it does not mark the messages as
> "read" if you don't delete the messages.  I understand that there are
> good technical reasons for it, but we had a number of users that complained
> due to privacy issues.  Otherwise it is an excellent package.

   I don't know if I understand, has this got to do with the uidl command?
I'm using it on a Linux machine, have been for quite a while now, if you
access your mailbox through pine, or something else, it will change the
uidl if you then check it with Netscape, etc... and will upload the
messages again. Is this what you are talking about?

later
Kelley