Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:27:26 -0600
From:      Steve Price <steve@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, re@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5-RC1 / x86 available on ftp-master

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 08:37:59PM +1000, jason andrade wrote:

> ok. well that has just totally confused me.  are there now two sets of
> packages living in pacckages-4-stable ?

Nope just one.  The RC1 and -stable packages are the same.

> is packages-*-stable still being rebuilt weekly ?

The builds are happening on an almost daily basis actually.  I've
just been holding off on updating the packages until the next RC
came out.  That way we don't have two copies of the same set of
packages.  After the release goes out and we want to preserve the
package set for the release the packages-4.5-release symlink will
become a directory with the contents of the then current
packages-4-stable directory and packages for the -stable branch
will be put in packages-4-stable directory as new sets are built.

-steve