Date:      Fri, 9 Nov 2007 16:47:12 +0100
From:      Olivier Houchard <mlfbsd@ci0.org>
To:        Stanislav Sedov <stas@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD under skyeye

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 05:49:32PM +0300, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 04:22:03PM +0100 Olivier Houchard mentioned:
> > On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 04:31:53PM +0300, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I'm new to embedded world, so it's probably a stupid question...
> > >
> > > Have anyone tryed to run FreeBSD under skyeye? I've seen the
> > > config for this simulator, but when I run the SKYEYE kernel
> > > under the simulator, it doesn't output anything to screen.
> > > Probably I need specific configuration?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Stanislav Sedov
> > > ST4096-RIPE
> >
> > Hi Stanislav,
> >
> > I haven't tried to boot FreeBSD on skyeye for quite some time, it is possible
> > it is just broken.
> > The skyeye.conf I used can be find here :
> > http://people.FreeBSD.org/~cognet/skyeye.conf
> > If it doesn't work then it's my fault :), I'll have a look at this later.
> >

> Am I correctly understand, that smth. about
> skyeye -d -c skyeye.conf -e /usr/obj/arm/usr/src/sys/SKYEYE/kernel
>
> should run the kernel and print some boot info to console?
>
> I've attached gdb to it, but it shows that the kernel is stopped
> at the entry point (_start), probably the skyeye itself is broken...

Yes that's the correct procedure.
If it's stopped at the _start address, it's probably a memory mapping issue.

> BTW, is there any good emulators that can run FreeBSD? Is qemu
> capable to run FreeBSD kernel?

AFAIK qemu won't run FreeBSD, however last time I tried, gxemul would run a
slightly stripped down IQ31244 kernel. The kernel config I used can be found
here :
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~cognet/IQGXEMUL

Cheers,

Olivier