Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 17:42:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
To:        Valsu Saizer <valsus@cincinnati.crosswinds.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another Question

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Valsu Saizer wrote:

> How big is the total download?

Depends on what you want to install initially.  The absolute minimum is
the bin distribution, but the manpages and docs are highly recommended.
Anything further can be added after you have a working system.  I would
also recommend at least the kernel sources (src/sys).

> And with FreeBSD, how could I share local/network drives/directorys, and
> give groups/users access to them?

Samba.  You can get it as a port or a package.