Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 10:24:41 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP - minor API change in -current's old ISA drivers.

In message <20000528144810.8A7441CE1@overcee.netplex.com.au> Peter Wemm writes:
: I've made old-style ISA drivers self identifying and got rid of the dreaded
: isa_compat.h table.  As a consequence, the 'struct isa_driver' stuff has
: changed slightly to store the additional data that was in the compat tables
: and a new line is required (COMPAT_ISA_DRIVER()) so the driver registers
: itself with the device subsystem.  This works essentially the same way as
: the COMPAT_PCI_DRIVER() stuff works.
:
: There shouldn't be any noticable changes except for the slight tweaks
: to the individual drivers.

Now that the drivers are self contained (not self identifying,
right?), I guess that means that I need to finish the hints driver so
that one can set hints for drivers one kld's.

Warner