Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 21:37:33 +0100 (CET)
From:      <serces@mud.dk>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Creative SBLive on a 4.2-STABLE

Hi there

Lately I've come across this major problem with my SBLive on 4.X.

It all started with a 4.0 where the article at defon1.org explained how to
get SBLive to work in that particular version. Since then I've been told
that FreeBSD has more or less native support for this Soundcard, only
thing to remember is a "device pcm" in the kernelconfig.

So I upgraded happily to 4.1, 4.1.1 and lately to 4.2Beta and 4.2-STABLE,
sadly, it keeps coming with the same error message:
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> at device 9.0 on pci0
pcm0: unable to map register space
device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

I've been through the mailinglists, websites, and nothing seems to give
any clue as to why this happens. This would lead someone to believe that
the card doesn't work at all, but this machine multiboots and in Windows
9X it works just fine.

My machine configuration:
 Asus A7V Motherboard with the latest Bios (1004D)
 Thunderbird 800Mhz AMD CPU
 294832Kb of mem

Anyone with a suggestion? It's awfully quiet around here :)

/S

     The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.