Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2012 06:51:12 -0500
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        AN <andy@neu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with keyboard during installation

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

Hi Andy,

On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 11:22:45PM -0500, AN wrote:
> I am trying to install a new system using FreeBSD-10.0-CURRENT-amd64-rele=
ase.iso.xz (from=20
> https://snapshots.glenbarber.us/Latest/).  I am having a problem with the=
=20
> keyboard.  I have tried all possible options of US keyboards, and also th=
e=20
> option not to change the keyboard.  The problem specifically is that when=
 I try to change the=20
> amount of space of a partition I am unable to navigate using the arrow ke=
ys.
>=20
> When I try to use the right arrow key to move the cursor, it moves the=20
> cursor to the OK button.  But that is not what I want to do.  I want to=
=20
> setup the partitions manually, but the keys will not allow me to.
>=20
> I know there have been a lot of changes to the install code recently,=20
> has anyone else seen this behavior?  I have tried wired and wireless USB=
=20
> keyboards, I am currently typing this from the wireless keyboard. so I kn=
ow it works.
> There was some discussion concerning this here:=20
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.current/135395
>=20
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

As I mentioned, I did not experience this problem during my normal
install testing.  I was able to do a test install on a spare machine
with a wired USB keyboard, but did not have problems changing the
partition size (or any other anomalies with the cursor).

Two questions:

1.)  What kind of wired keyboard are you using?

2.)  Do you happen to have another wired USB keyboard to test?

Thanks again for the report.

Glen

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF--