Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:16:15 -0400
From:      Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DVD IOCTLs on IDE?

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 08:12:28PM -0400, David Gilbert wrote:

> ... and can successfully mount a DVD-ROM... they just don't play with
> any of the software I've been able to find.  Most recently, I
> downloaded a copy of another package mentioned on /., but it dies
> looking for libdl.so ... which I assume is a stupid linux dependancy,
> so I havn't been chasing it.

It's a dynamic load library, originally from Solaris. It's included in
all dynamically linked NetBSD programs, exists as a library in Linux.

Run "man dlopen" and see if the man page says at the top if it's a
library or is included in all dynamically linked programs.

I cannot get to my FreeBSD box to check right now.

--
"Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." -- Unknown