Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 15:37:14 -0400
From:      Rick Leir <rleir@hymarc.com>
To:        Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (off-topic) thanks!

--------------E2939AA6AD2355892B2BFFF6

I have FreeBSD, Solaris and Linux installed on a P200 with
a 6gig disk (note: this is not an expensive configuration!).

I like all these and booting is a dilemma.

One minor annoyance with Solaris: its partition has the same
type as Linux swap (from memory, I forget what it is).
And I wish people could agree on the terminology for partitions and
slices.

Jay Nelson wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 1999, Dustin Lang wrote:
> >to make Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris co-exist.  Hey, it could work...

> The answer to your question about Solaris coexisting is -- no. the way
> x86 Solaris installs will generally take an entire disk. _If_ lilo or

> Further, after using FreeBSD, Solaris is _extremely_ frustrating.

I wish that all *nix's were more alike.  We are giving help to Mr Gates
by shooting our feet.

> Now -- this is thanks to all those who have contributed to the
> development of FreeBSD:

I agree. Cheers!

> FreeBSD is the easiest OS to install and configure that I've ever
> used.

I agree. Cheers!

--
Rick Leir,  Hymarc 3D Vision Systems      (613) 727 1584 x214
Fast, precise laser scanners.             http://www.hymarc.com/

begin:vcard
n:Leir;Rick
x-mozilla-html:FALSE