Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2002 18:18:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Subject:   Re: [ GEOM tests ] vinum drives lost

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:44:30PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > No, it is established principal tha the importer of new features has the
> > responsibility to make older subsystems work.
>
> So when is a KSE person going to fix the libc_r and releng4 binaries
> problem??  That certainly is old functionality that is broken.

Firstly, I'm not sure, as it's I can only take Dan's eworkd on it,
but releng-4 binaries should be working again now.

Secondly The person who broke it (not me BTW) has been chastised
severely and has had a "life-long learning experience".  He is working
hard on fixing it properly (But is not being helped by the fact hat his
job changed and he has to move towns). Dan, (Mr libc_r) is working in it
too, and AS THE MAIN MAINTAINER of libc_r he is not someone that I can
beat on when it comes to libc_r. If he says it's fixed I have to believe
him.