Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 07:56:32 -0500
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@panda.FreeBSDsystems.COM>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Chris Andrews <chris@Livecast.com>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please change this

"Livecast is a registered trademark of Livecast, Inc. - Livecast, Inc. is a
VentureMakers Company
All contents copyright Livecast, Inc."

Glad it's a registered trademark. One problem. The Internet is PUBLIC DOMAIN. I have a great idea for you. Get your trade marked site off the Internet, and use a BBS for which only those that have paid for dialup access to your great and awesome site can access it.

Have you read BUSINESS for DUMMIES? It would be very informative for you. A followup book that may be useful after reading Business for Dummies would be Dr. Susse's Green Eggs and Ham.

Oh, if I mention Kleenex here, am i going to be sued? Same with Coke and Pepsi. Someone please send me a lawyer. I have $13.00 in my pocket.

On a final note, please search every known search engine and type in Livecast. Why not sue the world while your at it.

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 03:59:13PM -0800, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 04-Jan-01 Chris Andrews wrote:
> > TO: WEBMASTER OR PERSON WHO CONTROLS YOUR WEBSITE
> >
> > It has come to our attention that you are using the term "Livecast" on the
> > page referenced below, and possibly other pages.
> >
> > http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2000/freebsd-multimedia/20000123.freebs
> > d-multimedia.html
>
> Did you look at this page at all?  It is an archive of an _e-mail_ message sent
> by a private individual.  In fact, since you have now sent a message to 2 of
> our lists that contains the word 'Livecast', you have just added 2 more
> messages to the mail archive that search engines will find when the archives
> are updated.  Are you going to go through every e-mailbox of every person on
> the planet to delete all e-mails containing your company name?  Please be
> realistic in this.  The FreeBSD Project just archives mails sent to its lists
> by private individuals.  It has no practical or desirable way of controlling
> the content that private individuals from all over the planet may send to its
> mailing lists.  Note that we aren't providing a competeing product with your
> name or anything like that either.
>
> --
>
> John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
> PGP Key: http://www.baldwin.cx/~john/pgpkey.asc
> "Power Users Use the Power to Serve!"  -  http://www.FreeBSD.org/

Lanny Baron
Proud to be 100% FreeBSD
FreeBSD Systems, Inc; Freedom Technologies Corp.
http://www.FreeBSDsystems.COM
1.877.963.1900