Date:      Fri, 07 Nov 2014 16:14:00 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Sebastian_J=C3=A4schke?= <jtkoerting@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   merging pkg databases

Hi!

For some reason we need to merge pkg(ng) databases together, so that =
only the newer packages is in the resulting database, if both merged =
databases have packages of the same type. And if two packages in the =
databases have even the same version, always the same database is =
overwritten. The reason is that we have a ro tree which is handled =
differently than the rw pathes including /usr/local.

It seems to be not possible with the common tools for pkg, so our =
company is willing to pay for a solution on this.

How should be ask whom for this? Is one of the followers of this fine =
list a freelancer, willing and able to do this job? Should we ask the =
foundation itself?
We are quite new on a question like this, so please advise!

Thanks a lot!=