Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:37:17 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        "dcmanohar" <dcmanohar@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: error code 1

Here are some of the possible causes to the problem

Are you behind a firewall?
Have you done cvsup yet?

Here are the solution.

If you are behind a firewall you have to modify your /root/.login file to work
behind the firewall.

You might have to do a cvsup

You can contact the developer of the port with the exact error messages.

On Fri, 07 Jul 2000, dcmanohar wrote:
> >%_Hi
>
> i am verymuch new user to free bsd unix , i intend to run the following command but i am unable to install and go further pl help me out of this
>
> quote
>
> /usr/ports/lang/expect
> make
>
> it gives error code 1 and does not go through
>
> and the same case with
>
> /usr/ports/net/samba
> make
> it gave the same error code with try manualyy  /usr/ports/distfiels
>
> I tried using
>  make clean
> make NO_CHECKSUM=YES
>
> still no help
>
> thanks in advance
>
> divate

You are not authorized to use my email address for any purpose.
This is a violation of my privacy. Remove my email
address from your databases immediately.

You are only authorized to use my email address only in
conjunction with address the issue in this email.