Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 19:57:59 +0100
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@eclipse.net.uk>
To:        "Bryn Wm. Moslow" <bryn@nwlink.com>
Cc:        Ben Vaughn <bvaughn@prophetnetworks.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cistron and speed limiting?

> >         We use cistron radius as our radius type and I was
> > wondering if anyone on this list has used this to successfully
> > limit users speeds?

This is NAS-dependent. With some NAS you can for example set config
parameters so that calls coming in on a certain called-station-id
are restricted to a given speed. From there you can get radius to
check which number a user is calling and deny or allow based on that.

The US market is very, very different to the British market, I can't
think of a major UK ISP that charges a premium for 64k ISDN, and the
128k stuff is fairly easily handled by setting port-limit in the
response :-)

This is probably better directed at the mailing list relevant to
whichever NAS you use.

Stuart