Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 2012 00:05:55 +0100
From:      vermaden <vermaden@interia.pl>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD has serious problems with focus, longevity, and lifecycle

> > It would also be good to have some wiki.freebsd.org page that
> > would describe what information is needed to fill a good PR
>=20
> See:
>=20
>   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/

Thanks, I will read it.

> > I have now filled these PR's here:
> >=20
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D164431
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D164432
>=20
> Thanks.  This makes these issues visible.

One of them is already closed ... with ZERO changes,
the reason from the person that closed it:

    "This is intended, as vsftpd is started by inetd"

... great, but not ALL FreeBSD users want to use inetd,
why force them to compile it, is that one file that big
or painful that it can not be added to the port?

> > So its time for another article/page on wiki.freebsd.org, how to become
> > a committer and help to solve PRs'
>=20
> See:
>=20
>   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/contributing/
>   http://wiki.freebsd.org/BecomingACommitter

Thanks I did not knew them, seems that there are a lot of useful
materials/articles that are mostly known by developers/commiters
and not 'casual' users, maybe a 'The Wall' page on freebsd.org with
all these useful articles/pages?

Kind regards,
vermaden