Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 06:45:05 +0100 (CET)
From:      Adam Szilveszter <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        Rich Winkel <rich@chumbly.math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StarOffice5.1a

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Rich Winkel wrote:

> I wish I could say the same... the install appears to go without a hitch
> until I try the "Setting up the end user" section.  At that point it
> tells me it's already installed and gives me a choice of
> modifying the installation, deinstalling or repairing.  Running repair
> as root doesn't help.
> Has anyone seen this before?
Hi!

Have you tried the earlier instructions that are at:

http://www.serv.net/~mcglk/staroffice-install.html

It worked for me then... The /net install did not seem to work up until
quite recently so I was surprised to hear it mentioned at all.
When I last checked (it was around ver 5.01) all it did was a normal
workstation install (in fact it ignored the parameter and that's all) But
this was understandable at that point because SO was still for private use
only and therefore a net install was out of the question. However this may
still cause problems...also the applicat.rdb replacement is new to me (and
did NOT seem to work for a German version of SO I still get the error msg
on startup) and what is more bugging, the database module does not work at
all unless this has been fixed as well and I am completely out of sync:-)

Cheers!

Szilveszter ADAM

> Thanks,
> Rich

* Adam Szilveszter * JATE Szeged * email: sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu *
* Homepage : none * alternate email: cc@flanker.itl.net.ua *
* Finger sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu for PGP key. *
* I prefer using the door instead of Windows(tm)... *