Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2017 22:33:02 +0000
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Michael Butler <imb@protected-networks.net>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: post ino64: lockd no runs?

Just fyi, rpc.lockd isn't NFS. It is a separate protocol Sun called NLM and
I didn't ever implement it for what I believed were good reasons.
Hopefully someone who works with the code can help.
Btw, if you don't the locks visible to multiple clients concurrently, you c=
an
just do your mounts with "nolockd" and avoid running it.
Or, you can switch to NFSv4, which does a reasonable job of implementing
locking.

I might take a look at the code, in case I can spot something obvious, but =
won't bet on it.

rick