Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:16:19 -0700
From:      Andrew Robinson <andrewr@uidaho.edu>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup and portupgrade

Hi all,

I'm confused about the connection between cvsup and portupgrade.  When I run
portupgrade, it seems to ftp the code to my machine from a remote server.
But, I was under the impression that I was maintaining an up-to-date copy of
the source code via regular use of cvsup and the example code in the
ports-supfile.  Can anyone clarify for me?  What would happen if I ignored
cvsup altogether?

Thanks!

Andrew
--
Andrew Robinson                      Ph: 208 885 7115
Department of Forest Resources       Fa: 208 885 6226