Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 20:49:33 +1030
From:      Marc Dodsworth <marcd@tpg.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI problem

Greetings

I am running 3.4-RELEASE on my system with has 8 scsi drives of a Tekram 390U
and a 310 controller.  Of of my drives is flakey (I haven't isolated which yet)
and will spin down and then spin up.  Even though the drive is not mounted under
FreeBSD, the system dies (mouse still moves as I'm using in X windows) but
trying to execute a command fails.  I can't see any errors recorded in the logs.

Can anyone suggest anythiing I can add to the kernels or adjust in my settings
to present the lockup?  I have the option to allow disconnect turned on in my
scsi bios.

Thankx

Marc