Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 16:31:26 -0600
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Mike Jackson <muck@ida.net>, "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect 8.0 For Linux works :-)

In message <199812192214.OAA00627@dingo.cdrom.com>, Mike Smith wrote:
} > > I had mostly finished writing a web page detailing the installation
} > > process in exquisite detail when I discovered that WP8 generates bad
} > > HTML.  I'm about resigned to simply cleaning it up manually and posting
} > > it, maybe early next week.
} >
} > A port which just automates this would be a lot more useful in any
} > case.
}
} Automating the WP install in a tidy fashion is close to impossible; I
} tried this with WP7.  If you feed the installer keystrokes in order to
} tell it where to put things, the user can't select a printer.  If you
} don't, there's no way to force the install location, so you can't build
} a PLIST.

Can't you ask the user to tell your script which printer they want, then
have your script pass that along to the installer?  Or does the installer
present some kind of menu to pick from or something hideous like that?

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com