Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 1998 07:59:11 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        chaos@internetfront.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MSW & multimedia list (was Re: your mail)

chaos@internetfront.com:
 |>Chaos, could you give us some idea where you got the address of this list?
 |>Maybe we can help correct some confusion out there on somebody's web page.
 |
 |If i remember correctly, I went to "www.brooktree.com" Thats where my
 |search took me, where I got your address from, must be from one of the
 |support forums that i might have E-Mailed along those lines.
 |
 |Sorry i couldn't give you a deffinet location, but if you look into it,
 |you might find the exact location too.

No problem.  Interesting though.  I'll have to surf on over later and see
what they're saying about us :-)

 |I have endem my search, being i have been getting responces like those from
 |your group...I feel it futile to continue.Once again, my appologies.

Not a problem.  It sounds like there might be some incorrect information
floating around out there that we can (hopefully) help clarify.

 |So, you guys write stuff for Xwindows?

Right.  X/Windows is the primary windowing system used on most UNIX OSs,
including FreeBSD.  This mailing list in particular is dedicated to
discussion of multimedia/ sound/video issues pertinent to the FreeBSD UNIX
OS (www.freebsd.org), so it's scope includes X apps, windowing system
issues, and (as you might guess) bags of other stuff as well.

If you want, you might try installing FreeBSD and see what you think of our
Bt848 support.  Here are a few useful URLs: www.freebsd.org,
www.freebsd.org/~ahasty/Bt848.html.  FreeBSD CDs are available from Walnut
Creek (www.cdrom.com) and a few other places; or you can install off the
net from ftp.freebsd.org.