Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:50:11 -0700
From:      "Nick Twaddell" <nick@webspacesolutions.com>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ServeRaid 4Lx + FreeBSD 5.1-Current Panic

Two weeks ago I tried the 5.1-RELEASE and got a kernel panic.  So I just
downloaded last nights snapshot iso and this is the error im getting...

Ips0: failed to get configuration data from device
Device_probe_and_attach: ips0 attach returned 6

The error I got on the -RELEASE cd 2 weeks ago was...

Fault code			= supervisor read, page not present
Instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc29ee760
Stack pointer		= 0x10:0xcd33fce4
Frame pointer		= 0x10:0xcd33fd0c
Code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
				= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
Processor eflags		= interupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
Current process 		= 29 (irq9: ahc0 ips0)
Trap number			= 12

Panic = page fault

Has anyone tried a serveraid card with freebsd yet?  Scott Long maybe
your input might be helpful here :)  All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick Twaddell