Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:33:05 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Finding programmers manuals for NICs

>On 2000-Aug-09 10:56:37 -0700, David Greenman <dg@root.com> wrote:
>>   Nope. I have the manual for the 82557, which doesn't not have support for
>>flow control. I can't get the manual for the 82559 without signing an NDA.
>
>Actually, I was interested in the "Long Receive OK" bit.  Does this
>exist in the 82557?  (I can't quickly find the 82557 Users Manual on
>the Intel site either).

   Right, it was Ken that was after the flow control bits.
   There isn't a "long receive okay" bit in the 82557, but you might be able
to get large frames if you set "save_bf" to 1. This will let all 'bad' frames
through, however, not just those that are too large.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Manufacturer of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.