Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@backplane.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/5358: USWC write posting must be turned off on PPro

The following reply was made to PR docs/5358; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@backplane.com>
To: Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:44:14 -0700 (PDT)

 :Hi Matt... I was scanning through the docs PRs and discovered this one.
 :
 :Does this problem still affect you?  Do you know of anyone else affected
 :by the same bug?  I'm wondering if this is just an isolated case or if it
 :does warrant a FAQ entry or LINT or something.
 :
 :Thanks!
 :
 :Doug White                              | University of Oregon
 :Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | Residence Networking Assistant
 :http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | Computer Science Major

     hmmm... it may be obsolete now with the new sound drivers, I don't know.
     It probably warrants a LINT comment (the comment can always be removed
     later).  I don't have a sound card installed in my PPro at the moment
     so I can't really test to see if it is still a problem.

 						-Matt

     Matthew Dillon  Engineering, HiWay Technologies, Inc. & BEST Internet
                     Communications
     <dillon@backplane.com> (Please include original email in any response)