Date:      Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:35:51 +0200
From:      "Benny Goemans" <benny.goemans@telenet.be>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Silicon Image 3114

Hi,

I've seen some questions on support for the Silicon Image 3114 Raid =
chipset (on NForce4 motherboards) on this mailinglist. One of them =
recommended to upgrade to current, since some new code should be able to =
make it work.

What I was wondering then, will FreeBSD 5.4 already include this code or =
should I really go for a -current download to be able to use it? I =
noticed that RC3 for AMD64 did not properly find my raid drive (Raid 10) =
but showed the 4 disks separately (just as it was in FreeBSD 5.3.
Thus, I'm wondering if this was just an issue with the RC, or if it =
simply wasn't included yet.

Thx for your help,

Benny Goemans