Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 1996 20:33:11 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fdisk changes, anyone?

> I don't know of any requirements for rounding start addresses, except
> that some MBR extensions abuse the usual DOS rounding by taking more
> than 1 sector.

     Thanks for the info.

     I'm unsure about the start address because the 2.2-snap-960801
/stand/sysinstall can create two different start offsets.  If you use
the sysinstall partition editor to create regular partitions, the start
offset used falls on a cylinder boundary.  If you tell sysinstall that
you want to dedicate the entire disk to FreeBSD, but to use a standard,
"true partition", the start offset falls on an head boundary.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.