Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:44:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP not working anymore

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Glenn Johnson wrote:

> I have not been able to get an SMP kernel to boot on a dual PPro, 200MHz,
> Micronics motherboard. I do not know the exact model of the motherboard but
> can find out. The last time I was able to get an SMP kernel to boot on this
> system was around the end of May. It immediately locks up with the following
> message:
>
> panic: mpfps Base Table Hosed!

I have a dual PPro Micronics motherboard (W6-LI), and it works fine.  I am
running a kernel from June 3rd now, but I have tried a kernel from June 7
with no problem (including John Dyson's SMP changes).  If your mptable is
hosed, I wonder if something else in your BIOS is hosed maybe.

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group

"I'll take what you're willing to give, and I'll teach myself to live,
 with a walk-on part of a background shot from a movie I'm not in."
		- Blink 182, "Apple Shampoo"