Date:      Sun, 29 May 2005 13:53:49 -0400
From:      David Magda <dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why Move . . .

On May 28, 2005, at 15:56, Claus Guttesen wrote:

> whatever. The ports-collection will take care of dependencies.
> Upgrading is done by portupgrade zsh for instance.

Just a small hint: personally I tend to always use the "-b" option to
create a backup copy of the previous version (usually saved in
/var/tmp).

This way if your testing (!) didn't catch some issues you can go back
to the exact (more or less) environment you had before the upgrade.
After a little while you can then delete the backed up version to
reclaim space and keep things tidy.