Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:15:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Clemens Hermann <haribeau@gmx.de>
Cc:        BSD NET-List <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: natd restart

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Clemens Hermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to get natd to reload the config-file without
> terminating?

	There is a natd patch, running around here somewhere, that allows
	you to send a HUP signal to natd and have it reload the config.

	You will have to search the mailling list archive to find out
	who/what/when/where/why etc.

> If I got it right natd does not keep track about state but anyway if I
> stop and start natd frequently I certainly will lose connections,
> right?

	Yes, and I don't know if the patch will help you in that manner
	anyway.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Don't mind me...I'm just sniffing your packets