Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2014 15:51:43 -0700
From:      Tom Everett <tom@khubla.com>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   trouble with urtwn

Good afternoon.

I've got a urtwn device and this in my /boot/loader.conf

console="comconsole"

legal.realtek.license_ack=1

if_urtwn_load="YES"

However when I issue a scan request like this

ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev urtwn0

ifconfig wlan0 up scan

I get this on the console.

 urtwn-rtl8192cfwT: You need to read the LICENSE file in
/usr/share/doc/legal/realtek/.
urtwn-rtl8192cfwT: If you agree with the license, set
legal.realtek.license_ack=1 in /boot/loader.conf.
module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (urtwn_rtl8192cfwT_fw, 0xc76fc4f0, 0) error 1
urtwn-rtl8192cfwT: could not load firmware image, error 8
urtwn0: failed loadfirmware of file urtwn-rtl8192cfwT

Have I missed a step?

--
A better world shall emerge based on faith and understanding  - Douglas
MacArthur