Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 16:34:20 +0100
From:      "BSDJunk" <BSDJunk@bzerk.org>
To:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, "Eoaianeee Na?aae" <main@bestJob.ru>
Cc:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PROBLEM WITH WIN98+FREEBSD

> Sergey  I just finished doing the same thing as you.
>
> 1. First and most important.  Backup up your Win98 system to another hard
drive and remove it from the PC for safe keeping.  FreeBDS will most likely
trash the hard drive you are installing it on, so keep the backup hard drive
safe so you can restore it back on to the PC after FBSD in installed.

Not sure about "FreeBDS", but I know for a fact that FreeBSD doesn't "trash"
hard drives. People do sometimes.

> 4. The FBSD sysinstall is not very smart and will destroy your hard drive
partitions some times. Do not be upset if this happens because you still
have your Backup to recover from. I use ghost to bkup my hard drive
partitions. It works great for all Winxx systems.

If you mean by not very smart that it doesn't try to find out what you
>really< want it to do I agree. It doesn't. Instead, it does exactly what
you ask it to do. If you ask it to destroy your partition table by
overwriting it, it does.

> 5. You may have to cycle through the FBSD sysinstall process a few times
until you see how it works. This is normal. Nobody gets it right on the
first try.

In that case, I know a lot of nobodies.