Date:      Tue, 09 Dec 1997 03:37:26 +0100
From:      Brendan Bank <brendan@banzai.NL.net>
To:        "J. W. Brinkerhoff" <jwb@g0d.tbe.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: radiusd using a UNIX based SQL server

[Quoting "J. W. Brinkerhoff", on Dec 8 1997 at 15:38 "radiusd us ..."]

> Anyone ever set up any varient of radiusd to get user information
> (including password, ips, and routes) from an SQL database residing in an
> SQL server on a UNIX based machine?
>
> Jim Brinkerhoff
> jwb@tbe.net

Hi,

Check leo@tunix.kun.nl, he ported mSql into radius. I think he only
only stored the user/pw pairs. I hacked DB into the limited edition
of the Merrit Radius. But I did that partly in the boss his time
so... :).

The problem is if you have only 1 radius server or 2 quering 1 sql
server you are not realy redudant. We server over 60K dialin accounts
and you do not whant to depend on 1 sql server to run 24 hours 365
days a year. So we use more than 1 and copy the db(m) files around
the radius servers.

  -- Brendan