Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:12:10 +0000
From:      Richard Smith <rsmith@trltech.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD Documentation Project <doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with /usr/share/tmac/mdoc/doc-common?

I've been investigating a postscript printing problem with certain `man'
pages on my 3.3-RELEASE system.

The problem being that man pages such as ppp(8) print with headers and
footers only on page one, with the section `NAME' not beginning until
page two. This can easily be reproduced by using the following command:

% man -t 8 ppp | ghostview -

I have isolated the problem to the .Os macro (which appears to be
defined in /usr/share/tmac/mdoc/doc-common). The problem occurs when the
operating system is specified as `FreeBSD'.

I can see that the `FreeBSD' and `BSD' entries in that file are
different, but other than that, it just look like gobbledegook to me.

Sorry if I'm wasting peoples time, knowing my luck, you've already fixed
it in the upcoming 3.4-RELEASE :-)

BTW, where is doc-common in the CVS repository now, it wasn't where I
expected to find it under src/share/tmac/mdoc/...?

Richard.